From: Paul A Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-23 08:03:12

* What is your evaluation of the design?

Looks very useful for 'relational database-ish' tasks (especially if, as
is likely, it can be combined with the up-coming serialization
library.).

* What is your evaluation of the implementation?

Not examined, but examples and performance tests look fine.

Most compilers work, and all the important 'compilant' ones work without
any problems.

Extensive tests - also useful examples (I didn’t find a link from the
documentation which would be easy to provide and prevent people ignoring
tests as a source of many helpful examples).

Looks (and from version number and history, is) 'mature'.

* What is your evaluation of the documentation?

Nicely written and accessible tutorial with examples that cover some
useful application areas. Covers a wide range of compilers.

(The word 'multiindex' doesn't look nice to me - would 'multi-index' be
better?)

* What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?

Promises to extend the usefulness of STL containers significantly, with
hardly any run-time cost.

* Did you try to use the library?

No use.

* How much effort did you put into your evaluation?

 A long glance.

* Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?

Not seriously.

* Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?

Yes.

Paul A Bristow
+44 1539 561830 +44 7714 330204
mailto: pbristow_at_[hidden]

  If you evaluate the library and deem it acceptable for
  Boost, please walk the extra mile and express your opinions
  about the issues brought forward in the review notes.
  Naming issues are quite sensitive, and I'd like to reach
  as general a consensus as possible."

Your review comments are welcomed. Found problems
and suggestions for documentation are highly
sought. Requests for new features requests may
shape way indexed_set will evolve in future.

As naming questions can generate lot of mail-list traffic,
I'll start separate thread to deal with them.

/Pavel