From: Paul A Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-23 08:03:12

The 'ii' looks a bit un-english.

I would use a hyphen - as I am sure would Lynn Truss of "Eats, Shoots
and Leaves' fame.
(I felt this about the documentation too)

So how about multi_index? Also consistent with "multi_container" where
a _ is used?

| Rationale: it will be used mainly for index related
| names. The name is aso reasonably short.
|
| 3. indexes should be named: set_like, multiset_like,
| list_like, slist_like, deque_like.
|
| Rationale: it gives idea to user what it is about (more
| than e.g. sequenced).
|
| 4. Since indexed_set::unique may clash with std::unique
| I suggest to use words "distinctive", "non_distinctive".
|
| Rationale: I found it in a dictionary as the only
| one word synonum to unique. English native comment welcomed.

I see no need for the suffix 'ive - how about just "distinct"?

The only other word that comes to mind with a similar meaning is "sole"

Unique is really unique.

Is there _really_ a clash with STL usage?

Paul

PS Truly English native speaker of english unsullied by the ex-colonials
;-)

Paul A Bristow
+44 1539 561830 +44 7714 330204
mailto: pbristow_at_[hidden]