From: Samuel Krempp (krempp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-25 08:56:33

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 17:25, Angus Leeming wrote:
> Angus Leeming wrote:
> > specs.truncate_ is being initialised incorrectly in the format_item
> > constructor because it is an int (sizeof(4)) whilst std::streamsize
> > has sizeof(8) on the Alpha.
>
> Sorry, I should have added that changing format_item::truncate_ to
>
> std::streamsize truncate_; //- is set for directives like %.5s that ask truncation
>
> results in the test code running correctly. I do not know what
> other implications this has.

You're absolutely right, I can't find any reason why truncate_ ended up
as an int while everything else indicates it's supposed to be
streamsize. I probably forgot to change it to streamsize at some point..

I'm curious, was the initialization
 truncate_(max_streamsize())
producing any warning on your platform ?

Anyway, I fixed it in CVS (expect some delay for change to appear in the
anonymous CVS).

Thanks for reporting this bug, with so much precision !

--
Samuel