Date: 2004-03-25 13:59:42

Hi list,

> Thanks for your encouragement! I, too, hope that the library will be added
> to CVS soon -- the only issue that was specifically requested as needed
> before inclusion is Unicode support. I've already made up my mind how to
> best add it, but it might take a couple of weeks to discuss the approach
> and really implement it.

At this point I would like to state a question I have since some time. How
is a boost library supposed to implement unicode support? There seems to
be no Unicode support in the whole STL standard and not in boost either,
except for the wide character support which as far as I know is limited to
UCS-2 (or does it allow UCS-4?) Anyway, with linux, the most common
unicode system is UTF-8. And I can seem to find any library or
functionality in any way to support this (world-wide) accepted approach.

Now, I wouldn't like to support the UTF-8 idea but it is impossible for a
unix/linux developer to do something meaningful withou doing it some
unicode way.

So, what is the boost approach to undicode?

Thanks and regards ...

Hagen M.