From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-27 22:26:34

Michael Glassford wrote:
>Douglas Gregor wrote:

>Well, that gets me a little farther, but now xsltproc.exe crashes. The
>output is attached to the end of the message.

>I noticed it was defaulting to gcc, which I don't have installed, so I also
>added "using msvc ;" to user-config.jam. It warns me that it found two
>versions, 6 and 7.1, and that it will use 7.1, but still crashes. If I
>instead add "using msvc : : c:/msvs6/vc98/bin ;" to force it to use MSVC6
>(because version 7.1 unfortunately isn't my main compiler, though we're
>thankfully finally moving that way), I get the same result.

I think it uses the gcc toolset regardless as a target to put the XIncluded
document file in so it will work within bjam/BBv2 (I could have this wrong,
as I am not a Boost.Build expert).

>Any ideas about this, now?

Have you checked the catalog.xml file to see if the namespace aliases are
pointing to the correct locations?

Does it work when you don't set the XSL/DTD environment variables, but
download from the internet? (This will be slow, but it may show if the error
is with the program settings or the XSL/DTD settings).

Are you building from the Windows or cygwin/Linux shell? If you are using
cygwin/Linux, you could try something like:

   using boostbook : /cygdrive/d/devel/libraries/docbook/xsl/
      : /cygdrive/d/devel/libraries/docbook/dtd/
      ;

Regards,
Reece