From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-28 17:44:42

Hi Tom

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Tom Brinkman <reportbase_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Domingo, Marzo 28, 2004 11:11 pm
Asunto: [boost] Indexed Set needs a name?

> I think that you should call the library "Nautilus".
> This name is arbitrary and sufficiently different than
> any other library name on boost or stl. You are
> expecting too much if you want the name of the library
> to represent the complete functionality of the
> library. If you named the library Nautilus, you could
> then name the indexed set, just a set. Everyone nows
> what a "set" is. Adding "indexed" to everthing does
> not help me understand what the library does.

Well, I hope we don't have to resort to an arbitrary
name. IMHO those should be reserved for larger libraries,
indexed_set after all is nothing but a container
full-o-gadgets.
Anyway, you're right that trying to find the perfect
descriptive name is probably impossible, but at least
some indication on what the library is about is useful
(if "index" and "container" somehow appear around, you'll
know the library is not about genetic algorithms, for
instance.)

The review will finish in a couple of days. By the last day
I'll try to propose something reasonable which, if
not loved by everybody, is at least a sufficiently
good compromise.

Best,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo