From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-29 21:11:17

John Maddock wrote:
>> I attempted to build bcp with Jam V2 and como under Win2k with the
>> latest CVS source and the latest bjam.exe. My como installation is in
>> H:\Utilities\Comeau directory and is already set up to use a back end
>> compiler.
>
> I can't comment on bjam -v2, but it builds just fine with the usual
> bjam version 1, with VC7.1:
>
> bjam -sTOOLS=vc7.1

It doesn't build with bjam --v2. Should it ? There is a jamfile.v2 in the
bcp directory. Is bjam version 2 and the Build System version 2 still works
in progress which end users should not use. I can't make out whether version
2 is completed and errors should be reported when it doesn't work or whether
I should stick with using version 1 and assume that version 2 will be ready
sometime in the future. I also find the version 2 docs and explanations less
than helpful. Any enlightenment on this situation would be welcome.