From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-05 20:55:55

At 10:46 AM 4/5/2004, Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

>I'd like to test the waters for the last week of June -- let's
>say Monday, June 28 -- being the target date for the next major
>release, which I am volunteering to manage.

Thanks Aleksey! That's good news. If there is anything I can do to help,
let me know.

> Correspondingly,
>June 21 or so would be a branch-for-release date, by which
>everything should be in CVS and in the releasable shape.

If past experience is any guide, quite a bit more time is needed between
branch-for-release and the actual release.

That being said, we do need to exercise more discipline to ensure changes
are committed to CVS well before branch-for-release.

CVS is in pretty good shape at the moment in terms of regressions against
1.31.0. One thing Boost developers can do to make Aleksey's job easier is
to check regression results carefully after making any changes, and fixing
regressions right away rather than waiting for branch-for-release.

Thanks,

--Beman