From: Pavol Droba (droba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-06 06:02:20

Hi,

I have read your proposal. Maybe I'm missing something very serious,
but I would prefere to have a similar scheme as used by stl.

So that, there will be variants accepting char and wchar_t data types,
and all possible unicode problems will be addressed by char_traits and
locale.

I understand, that stl support unicode for unicode is not the best,
but there are facilities, that can provide required functionality if properly
extended/configured.

I think, that there is no big reason to try to reinvent a wheel and provide
all encopasing solution in the library like program_options.
It should be enough if it will be unicode-enabled so it can be used in the
any specific scenario, provided that all necessary facilities are on place.

Regards,

Pavol