From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-06 02:27:44

Hello,
it seems that Unicode support is the last issue that should be addressed
before the library can be added to CVS. Since the issue is somewhat tricky,
I'd appreciate some comments before I start coding.

The initial description of the approach I plan is at

    http://zigzag.cs.msu.su:7813/program_options/html/program_options.design.html
or
    http://zigzag.cs.msu.su/~ghost/program_options/html/program_options.design.html

So summarize the document, user would be able to pass wchar_t** to the
parse_command_line function. If specific option needs unicode, this can be
specified like this:

    ("email", unicode::value<Email>(), "email address")

I believe the change will be mostly transparent and won't affect ascii usage.

All options are very welcome!

TIA,
Volodya