From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-11 14:26:05

Hi Jeff,

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Jeff Garland <jeff_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Domingo, Abril 11, 2004 8:31 pm
Asunto: Re: [boost] Re: [indexed_set] revised naming proposal

> On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:38:29 +0200, JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z wrote
>
> I'm good with everything in the proposal, except I think the
> library should
> still be called multi-index containers. I think if you leave that
> out people
> are likely to miss the fact that the library provides replacement
> containers.

You've got a valid point here. But I cannot turn your
suggestion into a reasonably short name in the
spirit of Boost.MultiIndex. Boost Multi-index Containers
Library? This is too long to be scattered through the docs
the way Boost.IndexedSet appears now. Shortened for easier
reference to BMCL or BMICL? Maybe we should retain
Boost.MultiIndex and use the fuller "Boost Multi-index
Containers Library" at the header and preliminary
paragraphs?

I'm really lost here, naming issues are so nasty.
Looking fwd to knowing your ideas.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo