From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-12 17:07:20

Hi Rob,

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Rob Stewart <stewart_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Lunes, Abril 12, 2004 11:17 pm
Asunto: Re: [boost] Re: Re: [indexed_set] revised naming proposal

> From: =?windows-1252?Q?JOAQUIN_LOPEZ_MU=3FZ?= <joaquin_at_[hidden]>
> > De: Rob Stewart <stewart_at_[hidden]>

[index_list naming]
> Now that I am, what about changing it to "indexes" or "indices"
> according to your preference? IOW, I don't think "list" needs to
> be part of the name at all. That name works fine regardless of
> whether it is elaborated.

It does not look bad, actually. But I'm really trying
to narrow the target down now. Do you have strong
objections to index_list? Nobody else complained.

[moving into boost::container]
> > Well, it's all about not wasting effort. Hopefully, some
> > other boosters (and the authors of container libraries
> > in Boost) will jump in and express themselves for a
>
> That will be ideal. I wasn't paying attention, but has this been
> addressed in a separate thread with an appropriate subject in
> order to garner their involvement?

No. I don't feel like rising the noise level more
than now by beginning a new thread. IMHO, it's unlikely
that this will get any more attention (and it could be
that it does not deserve it after all.)

[philosophical discussion about convenience
of 1st level namespaces]

(excuse my snipping)

Well, just for the record, what's your "vote" about
pushing/not pushing into boost:container? It is not
clear to me which side you're a supporter of. So far,
noone has expressed any strong opinion on either option.

(btw, thanks for involving into this discussion)

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo