From: Rob Stewart (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-13 09:32:36

From: =?windows-1252?Q?JOAQUIN_LOPEZ_MU=3FZ?= <joaquin_at_[hidden]>
> De: Rob Stewart <stewart_at_[hidden]>
> > From: =?windows-1252?Q?JOAQUIN_LOPEZ_MU=3FZ?= <joaquin_at_[hidden]>
> > > De: Rob Stewart <stewart_at_[hidden]>
> > >
> [index_list naming]
> > Now that I am, what about changing it to "indexes" or "indices"
> > according to your preference? IOW, I don't think "list" needs to
> > be part of the name at all. That name works fine regardless of
> > whether it is elaborated.
>
> It does not look bad, actually. But I'm really trying
> to narrow the target down now. Do you have strong
> objections to index_list? Nobody else complained.

Seeing it in its elaborated form as suggested by Thorsten, I was
troubled by the repetition of "index" in index::index_list, now
likely to be multi_index::index_list. Do I have strong
objections to "index_list?" No. But I do think "indexes" is
better (and shorter!).

> Well, just for the record, what's your "vote" about
> pushing/not pushing into boost:container? It is not
> clear to me which side you're a supporter of. So far,
> noone has expressed any strong opinion on either option.

As there are already a number of libraries that could fit into
container, and as it would offer some organizational benefit, I'm
mildly in favor of it. The number of libraries in Boost will
only grow and this will help in their organization. However, I
don't see a significant benefit to it now. Therefore, in the
spirit of XP, I suggest not putting it in the container namespace
until there is enough justification to warrant refactoring all of
the affected libraries. (That alone could justify a new Boost
release when that time comes.)

> (btw, thanks for involving into this discussion)

You're welcome, and thank you for your efforts to bring
multi_index_container (or whatever it will be called) to
fruition.