From: DY, JERRY U (SBCSI) (jd2419_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-14 13:19:47

Hi,
I recently downloaded boost libraries to use the smart_ptr libraries. It
appears to be working. But several other libraries, as shown by the
compiler report is not. I also noticed that last run date is 9 months
ago. Is anybody working on getting boost to work on aCC? I would be very
surprised if nobody has tried before since HP is a top-tier vendor, but
I couldn't find any useful information from the archives. If not, I
would like to take a stab at getting it to work. I have contact with HP
aCC techs to fix problems if it is a compiler problem. I'm particularly
interested in getting the libraries regex and spirit (for now, more
later) to work. I did a search on the boost archive and the last
reference to this subject was written back in August 14, 2003:

[boost] Re: Release of 1.30.2 imminent
by David Abrahams other posts by this author
Aug 14 2003 2:47PM messages near this date
> On HP-UX:
> aCC53800:
http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-HP-UX-links.html#optiona
l_test-a cc
> aCC33380:
http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-hpux-links.html#optional
_test-ac c

> This is a compiler crash. aCC is definitely broken beyond repair. I'm
not going ot worry about that

Thanks!

-Jerry