From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-20 06:25:58

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:07:58 +0200, Cyrille Dupuydauby wrote
> Totally agree with that, business related apps need holidays and business
> days. But holidays determination should be easily localizable.

It isn't just by locale, the application needs to determine holidays. For
example, while there are some holidays in the US that everyone agrees on, but
lots of companies use a couple floating holidays every year. They typically
will tack one say a Friday after a July 4th on a Thursday to give employees a
4 day weekend. So any calculation of business days needs to be capable of
handling these application specific cases.

> Here in France we have the following date concepts (at least the
> ones I am aware of) : - Jours ouvrés (days with active buisness) =
> business days - Jours ouvrables (days where you may have active
> business). Depends on business type, usually monday-friday,
> tuesday-saturday or monday-saturday. - Decades (multiple of ten days)
> : For example, you can have a due date expressed as : 25 jours fin
> décade (25 days then end of decade)
> then for 1st-5th january, the due date is 30th january, 6-
> 15th jan=>10th feb, 16th-25th jan=>20th and 25th jan-5thfeb => 28th
> feb (29th if leap year) - Mois de 30 jours (30 days month) :
> Number of days converted in months => 90 days mean 3 months. I bet
> this one is more usual.

Interesting....

Jeff