From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-20 07:13:20

Obviously, which is why I wrote "closer to" not "according to" :)

> character strings. But I do happen to like your format better as I believe it
> is clearer then the 8601 standard :-) No confusion about which part is the month.

And indeed the '-' hopefully reminds people that it's not their local
format that they are using.

>>Should IMHO be the most international representation we can find.
>
> I believe what they are talking about is an expression template representation
> which is limited by c++ operators. My problem with this (as I said in the
> other thread) is that expressions with fixed dates in code is a minor case in
> my experience. Most of these expressions in real apps would use dates
> serialized from files and databases -- not embedded in c++ code. In files and
> databases we want something that is more standard, which the library already
> supports.

Of course, the above is just syntactic sugar and not really required
(but hey, it's cool, isn't it :). And FWIW I often use fixed dates in my
code when punching together some test data.

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial solutions & technology