From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-28 09:28:53

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:31:54 +0200
"Richard Peters" <r.a.peters_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am wondering what the opinions about the big_integer library are. A
> few months ago, discussion indicated much interest in a library like
> this, but after I posted my library two weeks ago, I only got one
> response. Are there people who have tried this library or read its
> documentation, and if so, what are your comments? I would like to know
> if I'm on the right track with this library.

I think most people would like to see one, but may be in the same boat
as me. I wrote my own many years ago (based on the algorithms in Knuth,
vol 2), and it works well in most cases, except where I need really good
performance. In that case, I have yet to see anything beat gmp. I
imagine you will have to do a lot of architecture dependent stuff to
match their performance. I don't like their C++ wrappers, so I rolled
my own that are more geared to what I want.

Most people may fall into a similar boat, which, when coupled with the
intricate official reviews going on right now, makes it hard to set
aside time to examine another library, just for the sake of examining
the library.

You may get a better response with time...