From: Richard Peters (r.a.peters_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-29 06:40:47

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christoph Ludwig" <cludwig_at_[hidden]>
> Hi,
>
> I didn't read earlier discussions of your proposal. But could you
> briefly summarize what does your library set apart from other
> arbitrary precision libraries (from the top of my head: gmp, libI,
> cln, piologie...)?
>
> Regards
>
> Christoph

There is not much special about my library. Like the gmp, this library uses
expression templates to avoid the creation of temporary values, which when
the values become large provide an increase in performance. Once the
interface matures, I want to make the library be able to use other arbitrary
magnitude libraries to perform high-speed calculations.
Apart from that, this library is released under the boost license. The other
libraries that I know of are released under GPL or have other restrictions.

best regards,

Richard Peters