From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-28 11:43:40

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 03:57:00PM +0100, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> The version of libstdc++ that ships with GCC 3.4 has changed a number
> of macro names, so the boost/config/stdlib/libstdcpp3.hpp file no longer
> works.

I should have pointed out that before making any changes I couldn't use
Boost with GCC 3.4 on FreeBSD 4.x. FreeBSD 4 does not support wchar_t
(and therefore doesn't support std::wstring or std::wstreambuf) but Boost
was failing to detect this because the select_stdlib_config.hpp file
didn't match __GLIBCPP__ and so didn't include libstdcpp3.hpp.

An alternative approach to the patches I sent would be to include
the same libstdcpp3.hpp file for both __GLIBCPP__ and __GLIBCXX__
and make that file handle both cases. I don't know which is preferred.

Another related patch is attached to this mail, changing the file
libs/config/test/config_info.cpp so it calls PRINT_MACRO with the new
GLIBCXX macro names as well as the old GLIBCPP ones.

jon

	- David Hume