From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-02 17:44:32

Daryle Walker <darylew_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On 5/1/04 1:35 PM, "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Gennaro Prota <gennaro_prota_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Actually, changing my command line is all I needed, even though the "Root"
> files still have the old host names!

Well of course, if you explicitly stick the CVSROOT in all your
command-lines with -dwhatever, you don't need to change the Root
files. Most people don't want to type all that.

> (Does non-anonymous access make a difference?)

Don't know what that means.

>>> Could please anyone knowing how to solve the problem post a simple
>>> procedure? Or should we simply check out a fresh copy of the whole
>>> repository?
>
> I'll feel safer doing this anyway.
>
>> In bash,
>>
>> sed -ie 's/cvs.boost.sourceforge.net/cvs.sourceforge.net/' `find . -name Root
>> -path '*/CVS/Root' -print`
>>
>> worked for me.
>
> It didn't for me, my version of "sed" doesn't have the "-i" option, i.e. no
> changing in place. (I'm running Mac OS X 10.2.8.) When I removed that
> option, it printed the changed lines on the screen

Of course it did.

> but didn't change the files.

Of course it didn't ;-)

> Also, it skipped the "path with spaces" directory we have in CVS.
> (It mistakenly said "build/x/path" didn't have a match, so your
> results [of "find"] aren't properly quoted for space-character
> protection.)

Whoopee!

Well, someone else posted an explicit "for" loop to do it. I'm sure
you could hack up something more portable based on what I showed
above if that won't work for you.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting