From: Walter Landry (wlandry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-04 19:08:09

"Jaap Suter" <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is a reminder to urge Boost developers to add their names to
> http://www.boost.org/more/blanket-permission.txt if applicable. In fact, I
> would also like to see a list of authors who explicitly don't want their
> libraries be subject to the new Boost license.
>
> If anybody wants me to do a license conversion for them, I'd be more than
> happy to. Just contact me, let me know what library you want converted, and
> I will send you back the patches.
>
> As long as some of the wide-spread libraries (MPL, smart_ptr, etc.) keep
> their old license, libraries that depend on these are effectively still
> limited.

I just realized that the Graph library is licensed under
GPL-incompatible terms (it has a choice of law provision, among other
things). In fact, it is basically a copyleft, so I'm surprised it got
into boost. Andrew Lumsdaine, Lie-Quan Lee, Jeremy G. Siek, and the
University of Notre Dame: Any chance you will be updating the license?

Thanks,
Walter Landry
wlandry_at_[hidden]