From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-10 10:00:32

"David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote

> > IOW, such templates in different translation units will be absolutely
the
> > same, although in each translation unit the compiler will have to
> > instantiate different intermediate classes in order to produce them.
>
> Right.
>
> > Do you still think this should be a problem?
>
> "_Should_ be?" no, I never did. I just think it's technically a
> violation of the rules.

I have to admit that the solution with automatic ID generation would
probably be non-conformant.

I guess the next question would be, if we require to manually provide a
unique integer for each group of types/templates, how practical such system
would be, especially considering the fact that an expression may contain
types defined in multiple libraries, as well as user-defined types...

Are there any known examples of libraries that requre users to provide
unique compile-time integers?

Regards,
Arkadiy