From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-10 10:01:58

On Mon, 10 May 2004 16:23:55 +0200, Maciej Sobczak wrote
> Reece Dunn wrote:
>
> > Is there a boost library that allows you to specify the range that a
> > number can take, e.g.
>
> Few weeks ago there was a discussion here on this exact topic.

> I do not see any other post in this thread, but it took only two or
> three more posts until the thread died due to the lack of interest
> from other participants.

Hmm, sorry I missed this thread -- must have been busy ;-)

> In short, there is no such library in Boost. You can, however, try
> to glue toghether the pieces presented in the posts above to achieve
> your goal.

I've posted a pointer to what I use in date_time for this purpose. It doesn't
support the static assignment check, but to me that is secondary. The majority
case is the dynamic check -- of course enhancements are always welcome.

http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg64485.php

I wouldn't mind having this capability pulled out into it's own mini-lib if we
have multiple uses...

Jeff