From: Michiel Salters (michiel.salters_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-18 09:14:44

It's just a proposal, and I doubt it will become part of the standard.
P.J.Plauger wasn't very positive, and NNI (Dutch) voted against it.
I'm not aware of other formal votes, though.

One problem I saw was that the proposal implemented its types
as core language, with semantics that I felt were hard if not
impossible to achieve for UDTs (w.r.t. conversion sequences)

Regards,

--
Michiel Salters     Consultant Software Engineering
LogicaCMG RTSE1, the Netherlands