From: Max Khesin (MKhesin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-20 08:51:38

I think this is very valuable, but I really doubt boost library guidelines
would allow including a wrapper over a C library, as the C library certainly
would not be confirming with boost coding (and possibly licensing)
standards. Perhaps you should propose your wrapper as the library interface,
if you are willing to reimplement the guts later.

\\decTest\\")
in my test program test_rk reads all the testcases from Mikes decTest
files and logs each testcase in a file (bcb files were created with
Borland C++Builder 6, gcc with MinGW g++, and msc with MS Visual Studio
..Net). With “grep "###number" *.log” you get the summary lines:

  File abs.decTest_bcb.log: ###number of tests passed=87 failed=2
  File abs.decTest_gcc.log: ###number of tests passed=87 failed=2
  File abs.decTest_msc.log: ###number of tests passed=87 failed=2
  File add.decTest_bcb.log: ###number of tests passed=773 failed=45
  File add.decTest_gcc.log: ###number of tests passed=773 failed=46
  File add.decTest_msc.log: ###number of tests passed=773 failed=45

If the boost community is interested, if I find enough time, and if
everything works as intended, the resulting classes would be a reference
implementation for the new standard decimal floating point types, or at
least a close one.

I posted this request already some days ago, but by mistake I have
posted it as a reply to a message it did not belong to. Sorry.

Richard Kaiser