From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-21 10:38:23

According to http://tinyurl.com/3f32c tests have been failing (IIUC
for several days if not longer) because of protected/private access
violations in the test library. See the end of
http://tinyurl.com/35ole for details. IMO this situation is
unacceptable, and I'm looking for practical solutions. Problems with
the Boost.Test affect our ability to get meaningful feedback on the
state of other libraries.

If Gennadiy can't test on more compilers before checking in, and
respond faster to problems introduced in its source, and if library
authors genuinely find Boost.Test useful, maybe we need to move to a
different model wherein the test library's own tests are run on a CVS
branch of the code (?) so that Gennadiy can see and deal with his
problems before they are merged into the main trunk and break
everything else?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting