From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-21 12:53:03

Dave Abrahams wrote:

> maybe we need to move to a
> different model wherein the test library's own tests are run on a CVS
> branch of the code (?) so that Gennadiy can see and deal with his
> problems before they are merged into the main trunk and break
> everything else?

Clearly, test the test (meta-testing ?) is a special category. I needs to
be staged to be tested itself before being used to test other stuff.

I believe boost testing is going to be an issue in the near future do the
fact that testing time is getting longer and longer and longer.

I believe we will have to move to an "on demand" model for most testing
while reserving "total coverage" testing for just prior to release.

Although this wouldn't definitively address the issue raised it would help.
As only those libraries currently being tested would suffer due to
dependencies on other code. It would also save lots of time and permit test
time to keep from becoming an issue.

Robert Ramey