From: Tom Brinkman (reportbase_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-02 18:54:00

What is the current status of all Boost mathmatical,
statistical and econometric libraries currently in
development?

The collection of boost math libraries that are
currently included in the library are world-class and
provide a wonderful foundation to build-upon.

However, many areas of advanced statistical and
mathmatical inference are not currently being
addressed by any of the boost libraries.

Is there currently a way for those boost developers
with a background in mathmatics to coordinate their
efforts. If not, why not? Lets get such a discussion
started.

A continued and regular dialog of mathmatics as it
relates to boost library development would be of great
use, primaryily to avoid overaping our efforts.

If your a mathmetician and agree with me that boost is
a great foundation to build-upon, let the group/me
know.

Points for Discussion:

1) We should keep a seperate list of boost::math
libraries that are currently under development and
provide a forum for advanced discussions. How can we
do this?

2) We need a way to attract the best mathmaticians in
the world. How can we make the boost libraries an even
more attractive development platform for the
mathemiticians?

3) We should create a list of mathmatical algorithims
and libraries that are needed.

4) We need some very basic boost specific
math-tutorials for our future mathemiticans and
potential library writers.

5) We need to advertise to the development community
about how strong of a foundation boost is for
mathmatical library development.

In short, lets tell the world that this is the
premiere place for advanced mathmatical library
development, as I believe that it could be.

Comments?

Regards,
Tom Brinkman