From: John Phillips (phillips_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-03 00:26:07

I am very interested, and I have spent some thought on how to create
some of these submissions myself. Coming from an Astrophysics research
group, I am quite pleased with the boost standards for code and
documentation and I feel that the boost license is a good basis for
research software writing since it is always possible that a research
application could become the basis for a commercial application, but you
also want direct access to the source code and the ability to modify.

                        John Phillips

Tom Brinkman wrote:
> What is the current status of all Boost mathmatical,
> statistical and econometric libraries currently in
> development?
>
> The collection of boost math libraries that are
> currently included in the library are world-class and
> provide a wonderful foundation to build-upon.
>
> However, many areas of advanced statistical and
> mathmatical inference are not currently being
> addressed by any of the boost libraries.
>
> Is there currently a way for those boost developers
> with a background in mathmatics to coordinate their
> efforts. If not, why not? Lets get such a discussion
> started.
>
> A continued and regular dialog of mathmatics as it
> relates to boost library development would be of great
> use, primaryily to avoid overaping our efforts.
>
> If your a mathmetician and agree with me that boost is
> a great foundation to build-upon, let the group/me
> know.

[snip]