From: Michael D. Crawford (crawford_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-02 22:54:32

I have a bachelor's degree in physics, with the intention to go back to school
and get a PhD someday.

One thing I've had in mind for quite some time is to improve the state of
high-energy physics software. Maybe it's improved since I was last in school,
but when I did my senior thesis in 1993 the software I worked with was an awful
mess.

At the time I became convinced that bogus results were being published in the
peer-reviewed journals because of undetected software bugs.

Mike

--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com