From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-07 05:47:22

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

> "Toon Knapen" <toon.knapen_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>
>>The regression test tools are finally ported to vacpp version 6 and the
>
> I just spend half an hour to clean my code after this port. I do understand
> that you just wanted to make it work on your compiler. But lets in a future
> first discuss it here on a list before you commit this kind of
> modifications.

There was a discussion about all these issues for about a week now with
clearly marked in the header that it was about the test library. Since
you only responded to the last of the series of mails, I thought you
were OK with the other modifications.

Generally I always contact the developer personally before commiting a
change. However, I already have tried to contact you privately but I
never got a reply.

Anyway, in the future I will again try to contact you before committing
soth.

May I also ask to elaborate on what you found not to be clean about the
port and how and why you changed these changes. This might be
interesting information for future ports.