From: Rozental, Gennadiy (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-07 06:54:20

> Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>
> > "Toon Knapen" <toon.knapen_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> >
> >>The regression test tools are finally ported to vacpp version 6 and
> >>the
> >
> > I just spend half an hour to clean my code after this port. I do
> > understand that you just wanted to make it work on your
> compiler. But
> > lets in a future first discuss it here on a list before you commit
> > this kind of modifications.
> >

> There was a discussion about all these issues for about a
> week now with
> clearly marked in the header that it was about the test
> library. Since
> you only responded to the last of the series of mails, I thought you
> were OK with the other modifications.

Yes. I was Ok with basic_cstring modification. Not the rest.

I was actually hoped you (somebody familiar with PP) find a fix to IBM VA
issues with BOOST_PP.
As it stands now I simply disable access control for this compiler, what is
wrong.

> Generally I always contact the developer personally before
> commiting a
> change. However, I already have tried to contact you privately but I
> never got a reply.

It could be. I had to abandon three of my accounts lately. One because I
moved. One because it's no longer free. One because it became unusable due
to spam.

> Anyway, in the future I will again try to contact you before
> committing
> soth.
>
> May I also ask to elaborate on what you found not to be clean
> about the
> port and how and why you changed these changes. This might be
> interesting information for future ports.

You couldn't just manually unfold macro definition all over the code. It
makes code look like a mess IMO. See, what I did in cvs.

Regards,

Gennadiy.