From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-07 06:41:29

> Using Borland 5.5 I compile the following:
>
> #ifdef BOOST_NO_FUNCTION_TEMPLATE_ORDERING
> #error "NO function template ordering supported"
> #else
> #error "YES function template ordering supported"
> #endif
>
> And I get:
>
> Fatal F1003 c:\boost_1_31_0\libs\serialization\test\test_zmisc.cpp 4:
Error
> directive: "YES function template ordering supported"
>
> Yet C:\boost_1_31_0\more\borland_cpp.html seems to suggest that I should
get
> NO.
>
> What am I missing here?

Our config test case passes for that compiler (which is based on how
BOOST_NO_FUNCTION_TEMPLATE_ORDERING is actually used), but I suspect that
there are other cases that fail. There is also a specific workaround for
the Borland problem: make sure that all the overloads either take argument
by reference or argument by value, and then partial ordering will work for
that compiler.

John.