From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-12 05:02:45

>Err. The whole point of using ".hpp" was so that we could quickly
>search through all the C++ source files with a simple filename
>globbing pattern. This is one of the first conventions we
>established, at Nico's wise insistence. At least use ".ipp", please!

ipp is normally used for header includes, which these are not. Note that we
also have *.inc in use in other libraries (personally I'm less keen on this
because my IDE doesn't recognise the extension). BTW, the code has been
this way since the config system review, and is documented as using this
convention. It would have been helpful for issues like this to be raised at
review time, otherwise we loose the cvs history for very little benefit.

John.