From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-14 02:30:05

"Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> wrote in message news:cai6b3$6rf$1_at_sea.gmane.org...
| > FWIW, I too had some problems trying to find BOOST_XX macro documentation
| and which headers to include. I browsed several
| > examples, but coulnd't figure out what to include so I ended looking into
| test directories for various projects.
|
| Did you read Test Tools docs here:
| http://www.boost.org/libs/test/doc/components/test_tools/index.html

yes, I remember browsing the docs quite some time. But I think my problems were most when
starting out at http://www.boost.org/libs/test/doc/index.html

I had little idea about getting to that specific page.

| Is there something missing?
|
| > I think a single link on the main
| > page called "Headers" would help. At the end of the link should be a table
| with all library headers and what > they include. The table could also
| provide additional links into the documentation for each item mentioned.
|
| I intentionally does not provide top level Headers link. I prefer users to
| learn library from tutorial prospective and does not go into details where
| is what implemented. Tset Tools doc says what headers you need to include to
| be able to use them. Do you think it should be made clearer?

Hmm..it's always hard to say. But I think your documentation might be too thorough :-) I mean, from
the start page I have so many choises, that I don't know what is tutorial and what is reference.
This page http://www.boost.org/libs/test/doc/components/test_tools/index.html
is probably the one we all need to go into first. Maybe you should consider to rename it "getting started"?

br

Thorsten