From: val salamakha (v_s_ha_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-20 03:21:20

--- Edward Diener <eddielee_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> They didn't bother to acknowledge it when I reported
> it on the appropriate
> NG and since MS evidently has no intention of
> putting out a service pack for
> Visual Studio .NET, I am not going to bother to
> waste my time with them
> about it any further. Also since it is only a bug
> about incorrectly
> reporting an error when the compiler and linker do
> not actually generate an
> error, it can safely be ignored.

I got another MS bug in a file Parser.hpp where the
boost lib is used

Parser.hpp(311) : fatal error
 C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
         (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 2701)
          Please choose the Technical Support command
on the Visual C++
          Help menu, or open the Technical Support
help file for more

This is a known MS bug in MSVS .NET 2003 /article
843408/ concerning using typedef and classes.

Do you have any experience how to go around?

Thanks

Valery