From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-23 06:11:12

Daryle Walker ha escrito:

> On 6/22/04 10:13 AM, "Joaquín Mª López Muñoz" <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > John Maddock ha escrito:
> >
> >> Some months ago I proposed to include a defect macro
> >> to detect some defficiencies by several compilers regarding
> >> the ability to handle pointers to data members as template
> >> parameters.
> >>
> >> The name we came up with is
> >>
> >> BOOST_NO_POINTER_TO_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_PARAMETERS
> >
> > [...]
> >
> >> Is it OK to add this to Boost.Config? Comment?
> >>
> >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >>
> >> OK, added as requested.
> >>

> > Fine, thanks! I'll be updating my docs to reflect this.
>
> Shouldn't it be BOOST_NO_POINTER_TO_DATA_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_PARAMETERS instead?
> Or does it also apply to pointers-to-member-function?

Umm, no, it only applies to pointers to data members. In my discharge,
I'd say that the defect macro

BOOST_NO_POINTER_TO_MEMBER_CONST

only applies to pointers to member functions, and the name does not make
it clear this, either.
Anyway, I agree with you that your proposal is clearer. I'll stick to
whatever is finally decided.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo