From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-25 05:51:42

Pavol Droba ha escrito:

> - There is an problem with Intel compiler, split tests are failing and I cannot figureout
> why. The message is very vague. Could somebody with an access to this platform,
> try to debug the cause of the problem?

The problem is with the call to

split(
    vtokens,
    str1,
    is_any_of("x"),
    token_compress_on );

I haven't been able to analyze it thoroughly, but I'd say that
the problem has to do with the fact that Dinkumware's std::vector
(in the somewhat old version shipped with VC6 and shared by Intel
compiler) does *not* have a range constructor of the form

template<class InIt>
vector(InIt first, InIt last, const A& al = A());

but instead provides the non-template version:

vector(const_iterator first, const_iterator last,
    const A& al = A());

In case you want to reproduce this scenario, you might try editing
your stdlib source code so as to reproduce the same situation.

HTH

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo