From: Pavol Droba (droba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-25 02:57:53

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 04:28:02AM -0500, Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

[snip]

> July 17-July 18:
> No code checkins are allowed expect to fix the failures resulted
> from branching (hopefully none). Documentation checkins are still
> OK. Perform the rest of the pre-release tasks listed in
> http://tinyurl.com/2meuh. July 18, 24:00 US Central Time marks a
> complete freeze of the branch.
>
> July 19-July 20:
> Prepare and test the release candidate archives. Fix any found
> issues and repeat.
>
> July 21:
> Release according to the http://tinyurl.com/2meuh procedure.
>

> As you can see from the first milestone's description, at this point
> I'd like to collect everybody's plans for the release (for those
> developers who do plan to do something, of cource), with approximate
> dates, so that we have a better understanding of how everything is
> going to fall together. Please post these plans to the list with
> "[1.32 Plan]" prefix in the subject.
>
> As usual, any other comments/suggestions are more than welcome.

I have few outstanding issues to fix, but they are mostly related to
the documentation. I think, I can manage it.

As it seems, that the Range library will not make it to this release,
I will use the internal versions of facilities that are currently in the string_algo lib.

So my todo list is as follows:

1) Finish the documentation
  - Add functions list
  - Add exception specifications
  - Cleanup

2) Fix examples
3) If there will be time, improve find_iterator
4) Fix possible regressions.

Questions:
 - I have posted some requestes/bugs on the boost-doc list. What is the status
  of this. Will they be fixed before release?

 - According to metacom's tables regex is failing on comeau a so string_algo regex
   test. Is this a setup or regex problem?

 - There is an problem with Intel compiler, split tests are failing and I cannot figureout
   why. The message is very vague. Could somebody with an access to this platform,
   try to debug the cause of the problem?

 - In regards to the older compiler support. I cannot resonably support compilers, that I
   don't have an access to. Therefor if somebody is interested to use string_algo library
   with one of such compilers, I will need an active help with porting.

Regards,

Pavol