From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-29 16:36:16

On the regression tests I'm seeing lots of warnings from gcc 3.4. For example:

date_time - test_greg_wstream - gcc-3.4.0-linux
Compiler output:

In file included from /boost/head-regression/boost/boost/config.hpp:44,
                 from
/boost/head-regression/boost/boost/date_time/locale_config.hpp:19,
                 from
/boost/head-regression/boost/boost/date_time/compiler_config.hpp:14,
                 from
/boost/head-regression/boost/boost/date_time/gregorian/gregorian.hpp:19,
                 from ../libs/date_time/test/gregorian/testgreg_wstream.cpp:10:
/boost/head-regression/boost/boost/config/stdlib/libstdcpp3.hpp:33:7: warning:
#warning "Boost threading support turned on, you may need to link against
-lpthread unless you define BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS when building."

Lots of other libraries are seeing similar warnings with gcc 3.4.

Date-time does nothing with threads so I believe based that I should just set
define BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS for the test cases to resolve this. But since
I'm not certain of all the implications of this I thought I'd as for advice
before proceeding. One specific question that comes to mind is do I need to
limit the scope to gcc so I don't break MT, dll mode on Windows?

Thanks,

Jeff