From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-30 02:33:54

Vladimir Prus writes:
> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>> The XLS-based regression reports have been re-worked to improve their
>> usability and informativeness. In particular, the detailed report page
>> is now spit into seperate pages, one per library, mainly to reduce the
>> load time. The whole thing can be seen at
>> http://tinyurl.com/3a45y.
>>
>> Comments on a further directions for improvement, as well as reports
>> of bugs and broken links are welcome and appreciated. The broken logo
>> and test source links will be fixed in the next run.
>
> Some comments:
>
> 1. The "fail" entries in user summary used to be white before, and
> now are green. I think that the previous behaviour was better, now
> fail entries are hard to find.

Hmm, these used to be yellow, actually. They turned white accidently,
and I should have checked for the original color before fixing it. Put
on the TODO list, thanks.

On a side note, if you provide a note that explains each such failure,
it will both make them more visible *and* actually give user a clue
how serious the problem is.

> 2. The user summary for program options shows gray boxes with the "unexp"
> text. I think this should be "n/a", according to the legend.

Yep, thanks.

> 3. The linux regression results looks very dump now -- no colors, not table
> decorations, and so on. I'm not sure if this is related to your changes

It is. In my annoucement I totally forgot to mention that both the XSL
reports upload procedure and the report links need to be adjusted to
the new directory structure. [Sorry, Martin!]

> -- but looks like missing CSS somewhere. This happens both in
> Konqueror and Mozilla.

It's worse than just a missing CSS -- if you look at the report dates,
you'll notice that these are left-overs from the old format. The new pages
are there, though -- you just have to access them directly:

http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-Linux/developer/index.html
http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-Linux/user/index.html

Thank you for reporting these!

--