From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-03 21:08:07

"Doug Gregor" <dgregor_at_[hidden]> wrote

Ok I'm onto this and agree it looks rather cool....

template<typename T>
struct MyUDT;

template<typename Op,typename Ta, typename Tb>
struct result_of<Op(MyUDT<Ta>,MyUDT<Tb>) >{

 typedef MyUDT< typename result_of<Op(Ta,Tb)>::type > type;
};

int main()
{
   result_of< minus(int,double) >::type x;
}

--------

> If we had "smarter" versions of std::plus, std::minus, etc. that played
> well with result_of, I think that would solve the issue reasonably
> well.

This is the remaining problem. If there are to be these plus, minus
functors where are they to reside or will they be the old favourites?

regards
Andy Little