From: François Dumont (francois.cppdevs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-04 13:48:33

Hello

    I am currently actively contributing to STLport. One of my contribution is to make boost and STLport closer. I think STLport can gain a lot in using some of the boost libraries and then boost will be able to count on a robust std lib.

    For the moment I only use 2 libraries from boost, type_traits and call_traits. I have some issue when I include the boost headers from STLport. I was counting on the BOOST_STD_CONFIG macro to limit the damage but for some platforms this feature is just useless. Under Win32 there is a workaround implemented for MSVC compilers (win32.hpp:60) on the min and max template functions. This workaround require the inclusion of the algorithm standard header which make the STLport lib build process failed.

    According the comment this workaround has not really been validated so my questions are:
    - is it require for all MSVC++ versions? Doesn't VC.Net 2003 or even 2002 managed the described cases correctly?
    - Couldn't this workaround be implemented for the native library only and not when using STLport? STLport looks to me as the right place to handle this case.

Bests

Francois Dumont