From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-09 00:31:00

I'm trying to check in the serialization system and am having some problems.
According to the sourceforge.net docs I need to "register" my host with my
local ssh by logging in in the following manner.

$ ssh -l ramey cvs.sourceforge.net
Could not create directory '/home/Robert Ramey/.ssh'.
The authenticity of host 'cvs.sourceforge.net (66.35.250.207)' can't be
established.
DSA key fingerprint is 02:ab:7c:aa:49:ed:0b:a8:50:13:10:c2:3e:92:0f:42.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Failed to add the host to the list of known hosts (/home/Robert
Ramey/.ssh/known_hosts).
ramey_at_[hidden]'s password:
Last login: Thu Jul 8 22:22:39 2004 from 226-146.adsl2.netlojix.net

Welcome to cvs1.sourceforge.net

This is a restricted Shell Account
You cannot execute anything here.

Connection to cvs.sourceforge.net closed.
$

Ssh seems to have difficulty creating/updated a file of known_hosts in my
home directory. I'm using windows XP with cygwin shell. I've tried changing
environmental variables $HOME, and others but nothing seems to make a
difference. Does anyone have any suggestion. I realize that this isn't the
best place to post this but I'm kind if desperate. Thank you for your
patience.

Robert Ramey