From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-10 00:57:39

Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website for Email) wrote:

> > But the same user will be equally unprepared to unspecified evaluation
> > in
> >
> > A = get(), get(), get();
> >
> > and in
> >
> > A.assign_list(get())(get())(get()) ;
> >
> > There's nothing specific about operator,();
>
> There is, sigh. operator,() has a special regime among operators. It's
> called the /sequencing/ operator.

Uhm :-( It seems you did not read the part of my email which said *the same
user*. The user which does not care about possibly different initialization
order probably does not care about special properties of operator,().

As Andras Erdei the gap between people who know about special properties of
operator(), and those who know that overloaded version does not have that
properties is very, very narrow.

- Volodya