From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-10 02:05:52

> There is, sigh. operator,() has a special regime among operators. It's
> called the /sequencing/ operator. It does that, /sequencing/, like a champ.
> Pretty much nothing else. Other operators don't specify the order of
> evaluation. This one (and && and ||) does. When overloading it, that
> important property of operator,() is lost.

Hi Andrei,

Sorry for the late reply...computer time is scarce during holidays :-)

Let me first say that I agree that my documentation should state that one cannot
rely on the evaluation order of expressions in the comma-list, just like in
normal functions.

If all goes as it should, the user will never handle objects that overload
operator, directly. So it shouldn't affect your normal use of operator, at all.

btw, the library is now called boost.assign and can already be found in the
main cvs under boost/assign and libs/assign

The docs are almost done.

br

Thorsten