From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-10 04:12:56

"Arkadiy Vertleyb" <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> wrote
> Hi everybody,

in
> the Spirit repository, TYPEOF_DEV branch) a new version of my typeof
> emulation library.
>
> This version has the documentation, as well as support for the following
has
> been added:
>
> - arrays;
> - function pointers;
> - pointers to member functions;
> - pointers to data members.
>
> Any comments are welcome. I would also again greatly appreciate if
anybody
> could try to compile the test with any compiler except VC7.1 (which I
have),
> GCC and Metrowerks (which have native typeof support), or any compiler
that
> does not support partial template specialization (which would not compile
> this anyway).

Have tested and works ok (VC7.1 though).
Any chance to make it so it automagically registers types in its database as
user uses the mechanism in code, rather than user having to do so manually.
Other problem is that each "client" should really have a GUID. Any ideas on
how that would work?

regards
Andy Little