From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-11 10:20:12

Alexander Nasonov <alnsn_at_[hidden]> wrote

> and add using namespace std; to main.cpp (cout and endl are not always
> prefixed with std:: in your test) everything will compile on Intel C++.

Great, thanks. I actually have no slightest idea why it compiles in VC7.1
without this "using" directive :)

> I also tried not to use native typeof under g++. Both 3.2.2 and 3.4.0
> compile the test.

Do you mean you forced it to use my encoding/decoding stuff? I tried this
at some point with g++ 3.3, and got rather stupid complain, something like
mpl::int_<n>::value being non-constant expression... I will try it once
more...

> BTW, I think it's good idea to add BOOST_NO_NATIVE_TYPEOF
> definition.

Do you mean in compiler_config.hpp, to easily distinguish between those
compilers that have native typeof support and those that don't? In this
case we have to be more specific, because, for example g++ uses "typeof" and
Metrowerkes uses "__typeof__".

Or do you mean forcing compilers to use encoding/decoding even if they do
support typeof natively? In this case it is library-specific, and I would
call it something like BOOST_TYPEOF_DISABLE_NATIVE_SUPPORT.

Arkadiy