From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-13 10:19:00

I don't see that this should be a problem. Just follow the instructions in
the release notes:

a) Download spirit 1.61 from SourceForge.net to a local directory. On my
machine its c:/spirit161

b) Define (export) environmental variable SPIRIT_ROOT=c:/spirit161.

The build/test jamfile set up is sensitive to the SPIRIT_ROOT variable and
will put it in the include path for those systems that are known to require
it. Right not that is msvc 6.0 and all tested borland compilers. Other
compilers just work with the latest version of spirit from the CVS Tree.
This works on my system without any other special adjustments other than the
above. So I'm asking that the testers set up their environment as above
before running the tests. I don't think that's an unreasonable request. In
fact, I believe this should be seen as a vindication and demonstration of
the power and flexibility of the bjam/jamfile system rather than an extra
burden.

Robert Ramey