From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-14 08:21:27

Mattias Flodin <flodin_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:50:02 -0400, David Abrahams
> <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> > As a customer seeing this book in the bookstore, however, I think I
>> > would have one question: Am I part of the target audience?
>> > Specifically, since it appears to be a book about MPL, does it have
>> > something for people who already use MPL
>>
>> Several things, even!
>>
>> > or is it mostly meant to introduce the library to people who aren't
>> > already using it. The "target audience" section doesn't answer that
>> > question; perhaps it should.
>>
>> Do you think it matters all that much if it says so on the website,
>> considering that most people who are already familiar with MPL
>> will probably see this message?
>
> It mattered to me, but then again I have my answer now. ;-)
> As for others, I can only say what I already said: perhaps.
> In any case, I dont think the majority of MPL users also read the
> boost developer list.

Actually I should be clear: it's not so much a book about MPL as about
template metaprogramming in general. I'd have thought the title of
the book and the text of the page would make that clear. We do use
MPL as a vehicle, so it gets fairly in-depth coverage. If the page is
giving a different impression, we'd like suggestions about how to
change that.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting